Just wanted to note for the record, who knows I may go back and read these some day. Physical therapy is going really well. This is the routine:
- 15 minutes electrical stimulation with heat pack
- 10 minutes of ultrasound
- 15 reps x 3 of 5 variations of abdominal work (crunches)
- 15 reps x 3 leg presses at 100 lbs
- 15 reps x 3 ham string curls at 30 lbs (my weak area)
- 15 reps x 3 squats with 1 lb medicine ball between knees (helps with knee problem)
I wake up in the morning feeling really good, no more stiffness. I can sit for longer periods without wanting to get up and move around. Except at church where the rock hard wooden benches with no back support irritate it.
All in all things are going much better than they were 6 weeks ago. I see the orthopedist on March 7th for my follow and we’ll see where things go from there.
The physical therapy center offers a Wellness program, which I’m going to sign up for. It essentially allows you to come in and use the gym, still talk to them for small things and get care. Bally’s will be getting a letter from my orthopedist that I will no longer be going there. The best benefit is the physical therapy place is literally 3/4 of a mile from our home, and the people are really nice and very professional.